This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Weatherglaze Systems Limited is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of its user community. The intent of this privacy statement is to detail the information Weatherglaze Systems Limited may gather about individuals who visit its website or in day to day interactions and how that information is used. You should read this statement carefully before using the website and our services.
The Weatherglaze Systems Limited website is for use by people who are 16 years and over only. Nothing on this website is intended to capture or process sensitive data.
Your acceptance of these Privacy Statement Terms
Weatherglaze Systems Limited uses the information collected from you to;
- Identify you each time you visit the Web Site or wish to have a Service provided;
- Process orders or applications submitted by you;
- Improve our Services and Web Site;
- Customise your experience;
- Process Warranty information;
- Carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of all of our customers; and
- Send you information we think you may find useful, including information about new Weatherglaze Systems Limitedproducts and services.
You may be asked, either when you engage with us, or at other times, for information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. You may also be asked to share with us your interests, hobbies and preferences. In addition, when you order certain goods or services from our Web Sites, we will need to know your credit/payment card number and expiration date.
You are under no obligation to provide this information, but if you don’t then we may not be able to provide you with certain services or personalise your experience and tailor our Services for you (for example, tell you about special offers on things you’re interested in).
Log files/IP addresses
When you visit our Web Site, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer our Web Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
Non personal information
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Site. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website. Weatherglaze Systems Limited may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website which allows us to assess the number of visitors to the website and to identify what page is viewed most frequently.
- To identify who you are and to access your account information;
- To estimate our audience size and patterns;
- To ensure that you are not asked to register twice;
- To control how often visitors see similar ads;
- To track preferences and to improve and update our Web Site; and
- To track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests.
- To deliver a better, more personalised service;
- To aid in the delivery of rich media content (videos);
- Manage blog interactions;
- To detect your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size;
- To determine if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won’t be asked again)
You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
This site is hosted on Amazon AWS EC2 Infrastructure. https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/aws-and-the-general-data-protection-regulation/. The IP of this website is also on Shopify. Both are signatories to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Link to Third Party Sites
Please note that this policy applies only to the Weatherglaze Systems Limited website and not to the websites of other companies or organisations to which we provide links. Any third-party websites are viewed at your own risk.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet Weatherglaze Systems Limited contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries, or provide services requested directly by you.
Legitimate interests pursued by Weatherglaze Systems Limited and/or its clients
To promote the services offered by Weatherglaze Systems Limited and/or to market the services and/or products offered by Weatherglaze Systems Limited to existing clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Weatherglaze Systems Limited processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or writing to us.
Weatherglaze Systems Limited may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Weatherglaze Systems Limited requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Weatherglaze Systems Limited do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. We may also enforce our Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of our Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Weatherglaze Systems Limited, our clients and/or the wider community.
Weatherglaze Systems Limited will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed in accordance with the Weatherglaze Systems Limited Data Retention Policy.
Data is held in Ireland using different (multiple) servers. Weatherglaze Systems Limited may process personal data outside the EEA via sub processors identified in the privacy statement either on consent or subject to EU adequacy decisions.
Every effort is taken to ensure all data us hosted in the EEA. As this website is built on the WordPress platform, this site uses plugins in order provide our web services to you. Plugins include Yoast, Contact Form 7, and Woo Commerce. By using our site or submitting information through our contact form you accept that statistical data and contact data may be processed outside the EEA in limited circumstances.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Weatherglaze Systems Limited is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Weatherglaze Systems Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Weatherglaze Systems Limited at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Contact details of the data protection officer/Designate Privacy Person, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Weatherglaze Systems Limited or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Weatherglaze Systems Limited will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Weatherglaze Systems Limited is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Weatherglaze Systems Limited may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. It is advisable that you review this Privacy Statement regularly for any such changes.
This Privacy Statement is governed by the laws of Ireland and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by Weatherglaze Systems Limited or its partners, you have the right to complain to Weatherglaze Systems Limited. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Weatherglaze Systems Limited
Co. Wexford, Ireland.
Phone: 053 9483000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Regulator
Canal House, Station Road
Co. Laois, R32 AP23
Telephone +353 761 104800 or email: email@example.com